INDIANAPOLIS — Victory Field is going to the dogs this weekend. For the second time at the baseball stadium, IndyHumane’s “Mutt Strut”” take over.
“It’s a fun way for people to get out and really engage with us here. They bring their dogs, they bring their families, and they understand that this IndyHumane really represents family. It represents connecting people with their pets,” said IndyHumane CEO Donna Casamento.
This year marks the 19th year of the fundraising event. More than 1,000 pet owners and their furry friends are expected for the event on Saturday.
“They should go out because they care about pets, and they want to have a good day and they care about people in our community as well. Don’t you want to go out and meet like-minded friends who have other pets?” Casamento said. “Meeting animals is when you walk your dog in the community because you meet other people who have dogs. So come and meet a lot of great people,”
There will be vendor booths, costume contests, food trucks and adoptable animals throughout the day.
For those interested, you can register in advance or simply come the same day.
Here is a calendar of events:
- 10 a.m. – Doors open
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – VIP area open
- 10:45 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies
- 11 a.m. – Start of the strut
- 11:30 a.m. – Daschund derby
- 12:10 p.m. – Wiener Dog Cheese Whiz Tasting Contest
- 12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m. – Costume competition
- 1:05 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Parade of adoptable dogs
- 1:47 p.m. – Announcement of the winner of the Passport Seller
- 2 p.m. – End of events