July 6, 2021, 4 p.m. HST
* Updated July 6 at 4:01 p.m.
The Maui Humane Society is participating in the BISSELL Pet Foundation Summer 2021 ‘Empty the Shelters’ Adoption Event, offering reduced adoption fees ranging from $ 0 to $ 25 per pet from July 7-10.
During these dates, the adoption fee for a dog (excluding puppies and kokua dogs) is $ 25, and cats, kittens and critters are “per donation – you decide,” says the Maui Humane Society.
The Maui Humane Society had announced it was at critical capacity in June, with nearly 400 animals in need of adoption, as the number of those who have come and found stray on Maui has “multiplied exponentially. Over the course of a month, according to The Maui Humane Company.
âThe kennels are full, with several dogs sharing a space intended for a single dog. With the heat of summer and fewer opportunities for dogs to walk due to voluntary restrictions related to COVID, the Maui Humane Society expresses an urgent need to adopt these animals, âthey said in an announcement from the organization.
Help the Maui Humane Society âClear the Sheltersâ by visiting their website and location July 7-10.
The following instructions are from the Maui Humane Society website:
- Ask about our Adoption process, prices and promotions of the moment.
- View the available animals listed on this page to identify a pet you want to bring home.
- Plan a virtual meeting with the animal (contact for free!), by calling (808) 877-3680 ext. 3 during office hours. OR,
- Schedule a 30-minute visit meet adoptable animals in person at the shelter. An appointment MUST be made to be allowed entry. Certain charges may apply.
To see adoptable animals, visit www.mauihumanesociety.org.
The quarterly âEmpty Sheltersâ effort, which takes place in more than 180 shelters in 40 states, has helped more than 53,742 animals find their homes in the United States and Canada since 2016.